Wedding Photographer Reviews North East England | DIRK VAN DER WERFF - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

Wedding Photographer Reviews North East England


WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER PHOTOGRAPHY REVIEWS:
ALEX LOOKS SO HAPPY DURING HER WEDDING TO JON AT WYNYARD HALL COUNTRY HOUSE HOTEL

READ MY LATEST WEDDING REVIEWS ... FROM BATH TO NORTHUMBERLAND AND DURHAM TO YORKSHIRE HERE
REVIEWS ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF MY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES  - YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST WEDDING!
With that in mind ...... Here's Alexandra's review of my wedding photographer for her wedding to Jon at Wynyard hall last Autumn:
".......I read that Kate Moss changed the date of her wedding because her chosen photographer wasn’t available.  She figured that her wedding would last one day (or three in her case), but the photographs would last a lifetime.  And she was spot on.
When Jon and I booked our wedding, our chosen venue had no availability on a Saturday for 2 years.  So we booked it and waited.  I was dying to get started with the organising, but what can you do 2 years in advance?  But I did what anyone would do once their wedding is booked – I started reading bridal magazines, getting ideas, asking around for recommendations.
One part of my wedding that I really wasn’t looking forward to was having my picture taken.  I absolutely hate it!  Jon had been to weddings before where he’d been pushed here and there by a fussy photographer, so we agreed that we wanted someone who would be easy-going, taking mainly non-staged shots.  I remembered Dirk from (many) years ago at a family wedding, and I checked out his website and blog.  I thought the pictures were really wonderful, but that was only part of it; what if he was fussy, pushy ... annoying??  I decided to bite the bullet and I rang him.  Dirk has the knack of making you feel like you’ve known him forever.  We chatted easily and I knew I wanted to meet up.  He visited me at home, and he totally put me at ease.  He brought me some sample wedding albums to look at, and showed me more photos.  Although we got on famously, rather than pushing me into committing to a booking, he advised me to look around and check out some other photographers.  But you know what?  I didn’t want to.  When you meet a photographer that you just know is going to do their utmost for you, and who is friendly and likeable – you book them!
I told Jon I wanted to book Dirk, his only requirement was that he wouldn’t be getting dragged off every five minutes to have a picture taken.  This isn’t Dirk’s style, so Jon was happy.  Even though I had a two year wait, I had found my photographer!
On our wedding day I had stayed over at Wynyard Hall, and early on I got a text from Dirk letting me know that he was ‘on site.’  He came up to my room and chatted to me like an old friend, occasionally snapping an informal shot as I got ready.  Every now and again he would disappear down stairs, then reappear to take some more shots as my bridesmaids arrived and got ready.
Throughout our day, Dirk was everything we wanted in a photographer.  He was always present, and yet rarely noticed! Most of the time I didn’t even realise I was having my picture taken.  There are some lovely shots of us with our families that were more staged, but they were put together quickly, and were so relaxed that I actually enjoyed it!   Dirk stayed late into the evening, and we have some fabulous photographs of our entire day.  One of our friends hadn’t even realised that he was our photographer – he thought he was a relative, which I think speaks volumes.
When I saw all the photographs of our wedding, I couldn’t believe just how many there were, how good they all were, and how on earth I didn’t realise I was having my picture taken!  They were exactly what we wanted, and Jon and I are so pleased with them.
We finally got around to picking our favourites (no easy task), and Dirk was very accommodating when I asked him (a couple of times) if I could change my mind and switch things around.  We recently received our wedding album, and it is fantastic.  I love looking through it and remembering our day.  We are so glad we asked Dirk to share it with us – we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him in a heartbeat...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE: